How to Shop Like a Celebrity Chef
YoungHollywood.com interviewed Jeff to get tips on shopping like a celebrity chef.
- Go top shelf: “Never cut corners, always buy the best products and know who you are buying from,” Jeff tells me.
- “Always buy organic,” he states simply. Easy!
- “Find a local butcher and become friends with them,” Jeff advises. “I prefer dry-aged steaks, which cost more but have a much more intense flavor.”
- Buy local: “Always use the Farmers Market first before using your local markets,” he suggests.
- “Only buy products that are seasonal and at the peak of the ripeness,” he says, adding that since we’re in the winter season to be on the lookout for: “Celery Root, Chayote Squash, Cherimoya, Coconuts, Cranberries, Diakon Radish, Garlic, Ginger, Pomegranate, Pumpkin, Quince, Rutabagas, Sweet Potatoes, Swish Chard, Turnips, Winter Squash, Yams, and Root Vegetables.”
- “Use the best cooking equipment,” he stresses. “In my home, I always use all Clad LTD2, Global Knives, or Korin Blades. I shop at Surfas or even William Sonoma as well.”
- Don’t try to reinvent the pancake. “Stick to classic technique, and the food will speak for itself,” Jeff says.
- Must-have cookbooks: Larousse Gastronomique & Escoffier
- Jeffrey Nimer